Friday, May 22, 2015
Friday Morning – Breaking News!
Our Negotiating Committee has reached a Tentative Agreement early this morning.
A Ratification meeting will be held to ratify our agreement as soon as possible.
A HUGE thank you to our negotiating committee… proud to have you representing us!
May 21st, 2015
Extra! Extra! Read All About it!
James Rolko from MSBA is coming out to discuss pensions! His CONFIRMED DATE is Wednesday, June 3rd from 5:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. at the Division Office, in the McLaren room. Thank you James! :0) If you would like to arrange a meeting with him, please feel free to contact him.
Wait for it… the brochure is loading…
Download (PDF, 185KB)
Here are some highlights from our May 13th monthly meeting:
All members are greatly encouraged to attend.
It was very nice to see familiar faces there tonight. Thanks for coming!
- Permanent secretaries that apply for another secretarial job will not be tested, but any member outside of the current classification will be assessed for the classification they are applying for.
- Please check out the new Workplace Health & Safety Program on the Intranet Portal. This can be found under Groups, Health & Safety, Health & Safety Program.
- Permanent Education Assistants (E.A.s) declared surplus will receive a letter from Human Resources informing them they have been declared surplus, giving them choices to select from. No permanent E.A. positions will be posted until all permanent E.A.s have been placed. Permanent E.A.s will get the same amount of hours as they have currently.
- Reminder: The negotiation dates are Wednesday May 20th and Thursday, May 21st. Your negotiating team will meet with the board and the conciliator.
May 6, 2015
* Brandon School Division Employee Long Service Night
This year’s Employee Long Service Evening will be held on Thursday, May 28, 2015 at the Riverbank Discovery Centre – starting at 7:00 p.m.
April 23, 2015
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
You may have noticed today when our new job postings came out that they look a little different.
Job postings will now have each job classification together on one sheet.
As you saw today, there were two job postings for secretary on one posting sheet – they were for the same amount of hours. The reason there was another posting for a secretary is due to the different amount of hours.
Also posted today on one sheet were two positions – both HSL. CORRECTION once again… Both positions were for HSL. (updated April 24, 2015 @ 4:30 p.m.) One was for a HSL position at Riverheights, the other was for a HSL position at Meadows. HSL positions are listed with E.A.s as that’s how they are listed in the Collective Agreement (we are aware that only one description was listed), as there was some confusion with how this posting was written. Our Union President, Jamie Rose is aware of this, and is looking into better structure and wording. As you can see – sorting out this matter has been a lot of work, we hope to have cleared up any confusion by next posting period – Thursday, April 30, 2015.
Please be aware that this change = less work for you! When you wish to apply for positions you can now submit fewer resumes and cover letters. For example, if you wanted to apply for more than one job that came out today you would indicate your preferences in your Cover Letter.
First Choice: Secretary at King George (Competition Number 1507101)
Second Choice HSL at Meadows (Competition Number: 1504101)
Third Choice: HSL at Riverheights (Competition Number: 1504101)
Fourth Choice: Secretary at Riverhheights (Competition Number 1507101)
Fifth Choice: Secretary at Vincent Massey (Competition Number 1507102)
You may submit as many choices as you’d like.Thanks for visiting your 737 CUPE site for answers!